top of page


Is your adult child unable to make decisions about their money or finances?

Is your child the beneficiary of a life insurance policy?

Do you need to be appointed as guardian of the property of your child?

Do you need a letter of guardianship issued so you can receive funds on behalf of your child?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you may need a Special Needs Trust.


When you have a family member that is disabled and unable to take care of themselves a special needs trust can be utilized to ensure that any financial assets you have available for that family member are not squandered or spent unnecessarily.

A trustee will be appointed to manage those assets to ensure that the needs of the family member are adequately protected.

The administrator of the trust will be appointed by the granter, who is the person that actually has the property that they want to be put into a trust for this specific purpose.

If the administrator of the trust is not performing their fiduciary duties in the best interest of the benefactor, a claim of a breach of fiduciary services may be brought by any interested person, such as the ward themselves if they have the mental capacity to hire an attorney to do that, another family member, it could be a neighbor or friend who believes the trustee is not providing for the ward according to the terms of the trust.

The Soto Law Office, P.A. is a dynamic and trustworthy law firm that serves the Special Needs Trust, Estate Planning and other Estate Law legal needs of those in Central Florida. Our exceptionally talented team listens, cares, and provides excellent client service to achieve remarkable results for our clientele.


Contact Estate Planning Attorney Kimberly Soto at 321-972-2279 for more information regarding Special Needs Trusts. The Soto Law Office, P.A. is conveniently located in Altamonte Springs, FL near I-4, and proudly serves the residents of Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Casselberry, Longwood, Ocoee, Orlando, Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, and Volusia Counties.

bottom of page